Forming an invaluable partnership, Danimer Scientific has joined with the University of Georgia in operating joint specialty labs on the university campus. This enhances our research-and-development capabilities significantly, giving us access to unique resources that help us optimize formulas to meet specific customer needs.
Working with these facilities, along with university scientists, we are able to determine certain properties and characteristics of bioplastic formulas that Danimer Scientific has created.
Access to state-of-the-art equipment, such as the 900Mhz nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer (NMR), has allowed us to create cutting-edge, quality products more efficiently. As a result, we have been able to gain FDA approval of products at an accelerated rate. The research findings from the labs at the university can also be easily and quickly replicated at company headquarters.
Of course, one of the biggest advantages of this partnership is gaining access to the brainpower of university scientists, increasing our bench strength significantly. This provides us the unique opportunity to advance our bioplastics R&D to levels not otherwise possible.
It is truly a partnership for progress in creating the future of plastics.
Danimer Scientific / UGA Lab Equipment:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR)
- Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC)
- Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Raman Spectrometer
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC)
- Drop Shape Analyzer (DSA)
- X-Ray Crystallography
- Liquid Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS)
- Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer (DMA)
- UV-VIS Spectrophotometry
- Thermo-Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA)
- Brookfield Viscometer
- High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Dart Impact
- Spencer Impact
- Mocon OTR / WVTR
- Pro Tear Tester
- Tensile/Modulus/Flex testing equipment
- Notched Izod Impact
- 3-D Printer
- Binder Environmental Chamber
- Inductively Couple Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-OCPMS)
- Zahn Cups
- Cobb and Kit Test Apparatuses
- Thermal Cyclers
- Gel Electrophoresis Equipment
- Condensation and Ring Opening Reactors