What does Danimer Scientific do?
For more than a decade, Danimer Scientific has been creating a cleaner world and a healthier global product marketplace. As an innovative leader in the biotechnology industry, we were founded on the belief that most plastic products intended for short-term use can be manufactured with biodegradable polymers. And we have proved it.
- We produce resins that are used by major brands to make products that are fully biodegradable and can replace many plastics made with petrochemicals. You’ll find us in shrink-wrap, disposable flatware, coffee-cup coatings, tamper-proof seals, packaging, oil-well polymers and many other products consumers and businesses use every day.
- We also provide our business partners with research, development and toll-manufacturing services for biobased materials and other applications.
What specific products does Danimer Scientific offer?
Our product applications include additives, aqueous coatings, monofilaments, extrusion coating, extrusion lamination, film resins, blown film, hot-melt adhesives, injection molding, thermoforming and oil-well polymers.
We also produce energy-stimulation polymers for hydraulic fracturing that eliminate the harmful environmental effects of toxic-waste products and reduce energy and water usage.
We own more than 125 patents in nearly 20 countries for a range of manufacturing processes and biopolymer formulations, including Nodax™ PHA (polyhydroxyalkanoate). Danimer Scientific’s biopolymer resins, including various combinations of PHA and PLA (polylactic acid), are created through a proprietary reactive-extrusion process.
We also customize a wide variety of PLA products for end uses specified by our customers. Our PHA/PLA formulations are designed to meet a wide spectrum of technical characteristics, allowing customization to fit specific customer requirements. As a result, Danimer Scientific offers improved product performance for biopolymer resins made primarily from materials that are compostable and biodegradable.
What services does Danimer Scientific provide?
Danimer Scientific manufactures Nodax™ PHA as well as other biopolymers to meet our customers’ demands.
In addition, we offer customized research-and-development services for clients who need formulations of biopolymers to meet exact performance requirements.
We also provide specialty toll-manufacturing services that allow us to manufacture items using our customers’ own formulations, materials and instructions. By offering this customized research-and-development service, paired with our 100 million pounds of capacity for reactive extrusion, Danimer Scientific serves as a valuable partner for many companies.
What happened to Meredian Inc. and Danimer Scientific?
In 2014, the two companies merged under Meredian Holdings Group, now known as Danimer Scientific.
Is Danimer Scientific PHA safe?
Danimer Scientific PHA was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Food Substance Contact in March, 2014. No toxins are used or created during the manufacture of PHA biopolymers.
Are Danimer Scientific biopolymers biodegradable?
Danimer Scientific PHA and PLA biopolymers are formulated to meet the biodegradability standards for ASTM and EN. Our PHA will aerobically or anaerobically biodegrade in soil, water and industrial or home compost.
How long does it take for Danimer Scientific PHA to biodegrade?
Our PHA will biodegrade within approximately three months.
How does Danimer Scientific exemplify eco-compatibility?
A major goal of Danimer Scientific is to enable people and communities to benefit from environmentally friendly products that decompose seamlessly, leaving behind no harmful footprint.
- Our customized formulations enable us to team up with other makers of biobased products to create a wider range of goods.
- Our scalable production capacity and modular manufacturing model enable us to meet global demand.
- Our biopolymer resins can be used to make biodegradable and compostable diapers, toys, medical implements, single-use food service items, food packaging, carry out shopping bags, shipping materials, adhesives, coatings, trash bags, agricultural mulch films and many other consumer and industrial goods.
- Our energy-stimulation biopolymer fluids mitigate the environmental impact of hydraulic fracturing by reducing the use of water, energy and chemicals. This, in turn, reduces the potential for underground pollution through seepage and disposal of the water used in the process.
Danimer Scientific is one of the few companies in the world to achieve this level of sustainability in biopolymer products and processes.