The challenge of ending plastic pollution is a difficult one. But Danimer Scientific is taking positive steps toward meeting it with PHA. Sustainable, renewable, bio-based and completely biodegradable, PHA holds enormous promise for replacing plastics made from petrochemicals.
Part of what sets us apart in the industry is our focus on application development. Our team in the Product Development Center at Danimer Scientific is hard at work formulating resins that meet the following criteria:
- Can be converted on existing equipment with minimal modifications in processing conditions
- Durable enough for high-speed processing
- Meets the customer’s desired performance characteristics
- Will meet any applicable regulatory requirements, including end-of-life certifications and food-contact clearance
Danimer Scientific biopolymer resins can be adapted to a wide range of products. Because of this, we can create customized mixtures of biopolymers, tailored to our customers’ needs. The specific physical properties required of an end product define the components that are processed through reactive extrusion, which is our proprietary procedure that yields made-to-order resins. The animation below illustrates how we blend PHA with other biopolymers.
Our customized formulations makes our PHA polymer highly competitive due to the affordable price and targeted applications in the global marketplace.
A Wide Range of Applications
The range of applications for products made with PHA is enormous and includes:
- Produce bags
- Shopping bags
- Diaper linings
- Trash bags
- Seals, labels, glues and much more