Danimer Scientific wants to enable people and communities to benefit from sustainable, environmentally friendly products that decompose seamlessly, leaving behind no harmful footprint.
As a leader in the biotechnology industry, we’re making that goal a reality. Thanks to our groundbreaking work, plastic products intended for short-term use are now being made with our biodegradable and compostable polymers. And our environment is better off because of it.
Danimer Scientific’s Nodax™ PHA and PLA biopolymers are formulated to meet the biodegradability requirements for ASTM and EN standards. Our PHA is also FDA approved for food contact and will biodegrade aerobically or anaerobically in soil, water and industrial or home compost within three months.
Our biopolymer resins can be used to make an enormous range of products, including biodegradable and compostable:
- Medical implements
- Single-use food-service items
- Food packaging and storage products
- Beverage bottles
- Carryout shopping bags
- Shipping materials
- Trash bags
- Agricultural mulch films
- Flexible films
- Many other consumer and industrial goods
Danimer Scientific: A Closed-Loop, Authentically Sustainable Business Model
- Our process uses sustainably sourced canola oil.
- Our toxin-free extraction and extrusion processes are cost competitive and leave almost no carbon footprint.
- Our customized formulations enable us to team up with other makers of biobased products to create an even wider range of goods.
- Our scalable production capacity and modular manufacturing model will soon enable us to meet global demand.
As an industry leader, Danimer Scientific is one of the few companies anywhere in the world to achieve this level of sustainability in biopolymer products and processes.