The challenge of ending plastic pollution is a difficult one. But Danimer Scientific is taking positive steps toward meeting it with PHA. Sustainable, renewable, biobased and completely biodegradable, it holds enormous promise for replacing plastics made from petrochemicals.
Instead of the plastic litter now found on our land, beaches and waterways, we foresee a world in which the plastic products we use every day are made from the naturally occurring, sustainable PHA biopolymer we are creating.
- Versatile, adaptable and heat- and UV-resistant
- FDA approved for food contact
- Capable of properties comparable to many petrochemical plastics
- Custom formulated to create many types of plastic resins for different purposes
- Durable enough for high-speed processing
- Able to withstand high temperatures while in storage
- Able to preserve food and other stored goods better than many competitors
- Capable of bonding successfully with materials, such as paper
A Wide Range of Applications
The range of applications for products made with PHA is enormous and includes:
- Food-storage bags
- Shopping bags
- Diaper linings
- Trash bags
- Seals, labels, glues and much more
Certified 100% Biodegradable and Compostable
Whether discarded on the ground, cast into the ocean or deposited in a landfill, products made of Danimer Scientific‘s PHA will fully decompose in about three months to a year.
At Danimer Scientific, we are creating the future of plastics. It is a sustainable future, and we invite you to be a part of it.